All Saints’ Anglican Church is a growing church in North Waterloo, where a committed group of people are learning how to follow Jesus Christ. We are expanding our offerings to our community and Waterloo through the building of a new church facility and community centre.
We are currently seeking an Office Administrator. This is a part-time position.
Compensation package: $16-18 per hour. Hours: Monday-Thursday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm or as negotiated with a start date of September 1st, 2021
Applicants are asked to provide a covering letter and resume to the attention of the Rector at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: June 30, 2021. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will take place in July. Description:
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to support the church office running effectively and keep the congregation aware of services and activities and assist the Rector, Churchwardens, other clergy, and staff in the parish administration.
Duties & Responsibilities: ·
- Prepare weekly bulletins and inserts
- Assist clergy and other staff with administrative needs such as appointments, filing, letters, etc.
- Sort and deliver incoming mail to named individuals; open and respond to all mail not addressed to an individual · Print and prepare letters and envelopes for parish mailings, newsletters, and correspondence
- Keep Parish list up to date, maintain Parish Database, Website and Social Media Channels. Knowledge of Tithe.ly an asset but not required
- Look after Church bookings and rental agreements in conjunction with Wardens. Inform cleaners, etc. who need to know of all events and parish activities
- Monitor telephone and email messages and refer to the appropriate individual in a timely fashion
- Maintain adequate inventories of regular and seasonal supplies.
- Assist parish groups in ordering and receiving materials
- Serve as Vestry clerk and prepare Vestry Report for distribution
- Prepare and maintain parish vestry books and necessary certificates
- Collate and distribute all announcements from Diocese, Deanery, Parish, and community
- Maintain a list of community calendars, and list parish events as appropriate. Prepare any media releases to local media outlets
- Willingness to learn and an attention to detail
- Maintain Covid-19 Contact Tracing and assist with adherence to Public Health Guidelines
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Imaginative, energetic, and flexible.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and communication skills.
- Sensitive pastoral abilities
- Computer skills and adept at learning new technology