Worship at All Saints
We are a growing and vibrant church in North Waterloo focused on discovering new ways to serve our neighbours and community.
Our members continually live out their faith in their homes, places of work and with their friends and neighbours – so wherever you are on your spiritual journey you are welcome here – to learn and to grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
On Sunday we gather to connect with one another and to worship God. There are two services offered that you are welcome to come and explore.
If you do want to come and experience our community on a Sunday morning, then come wearing whatever you want, with your morning coffee in hand – all questions and doubts are welcome!
A typical Sunday service
- You’ll be greeted as you come in, handed a worship program that will guide you through the service – so no previous experience is necessary.
- At the 10:00 service, the service is projected entirely on the screen, simply find a comfortable seat and follow along.
- Don’t worry if you don’t know exactly when you need to stand or sit (it isn’t really that important) and only join in when you feel comfortable.
- The music will be in either the blue hymnbook, our supplemental songbook in your pew and projected on the screens.
- There will be a monetary offering taken up (you are welcomed to contribute to the operation of the parish but please don’t feel you have to!)
- We celebrate communion at our weekly services, and all baptized Christians are welcomed to receive the bread and the wine. Simply come up to the altar rail at the time of communion to receive with everyone else. Simply cup your hands to receive the bread and accept the cup. If you do not wish to receive, you may still come forward, cross your arms across your chest and receive a blessing
Book of Common Prayer
Sundays at 8:ooam
The BCP service is a traditional service from the Book of Common Prayer [PDF] – the official prayer book of the Anglican Church of Canada.
This service features prayers in traditional language, two readings from Holy Scripture, a sermon and the celebration of the Eucharist.
Book of Alternative Services
Sundays at 10:00am
This is a modern service that follows the liturgy from the Book of Alternative Services [PDF].
At this service modern language is used and three scripture passages are read – one from the Old Testament, one from the New Testament and one from the Gospels.
This service also includes a short children’s sermon before Sunday School, a sermon, prayers for the community and the celebration of the Eucharist.
If there is a question that comes to mind during the service, the sermon or during your exploration of the community you can ask after the service, send an email to Pastor Marty at email@example.com or tweet your question to Pastor Marty at @martycus.
All Saints is an Anglican church, which means we value and celebrate the historical Anglican expression of the Christian faith. We believe that the good news of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection is relevant to everyone and can transform all our lives. But wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you are welcome here to explore the diversity of our faith.
At All Saints we believe that God calls us into the world to make a tangible difference in other people’s lives. We have many different outreach opportunities to help our community and our neighbours. From our Community Pantry to our Refugee program, All Saints looks to have a local and global impact.
You are invited
We’re located at 400 Northfield Dr West, just east of the Laurel Creek Conservation Area. We are fully accessible and look forward the seeing you!
Do come and check us out, we hope to see you soon!