History of All Saints’ Anglican Church, Waterloo, Ontario
The history of our church begins in 1958. More than 60 years later much has changed.
All Saints’ began as a Sunday School Mission of Holy Saviour Church in 1958 at MacGregor School. In 1959, All Saints’ became a separate mission parish with Allan Barker, the first Rector, 1958-1964. Services alternated between Northdale School and the original Renison College at 193 Albert Street. The first Church building at Hazel and Hickory Streets was dedicated by Bishop George Luxton and Bishop Harold Appleyard in November 1961. All Saints’ became a self-supporting, debt-free parish in 1968.
All Saints’ realized a dream in 1981. After years of planning and negotiation, a new ecumenical church building was created at Northfield and Highpoint Street to be shared by All Saints’ Anglican and Waterloo North Presbyterian Churches. The Service of Dedication took place in March 1982 and was conducted for the Anglicans by the Bishop of Huron, The Rt. Rev. David Ragg.
The objective of an improved worship area was finally reached through a spirit of determination, generosity, and compromise. Bishop Robert Townshend, assisted by Canon David Morris, dedicated the enhanced Church Centre for the Anglicans in January 1997. The Olive Branch Mennonite Church joined the partnership during the years 1993-1999.
Waterloo North Presbyterian Church was dissolved as of 31 December 2012, and in 2014 the Anglican Parish of All Saints’ purchased the Presbyterian’s share of the property from the Presbyterian Church of Canada.
All Saints’ is in the process of redeveloping their campus. Beginning in the spring/summer of 2017 the construction of a new church facility will commence on the property at 400 Northfield Dr. W. Once completed the existing structure will be demolished and 84 walk-up townhomes will be constructed on the existing property.
Please call the church for more information at 519-884-6600.
400 Northfield Drive West.
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 0A6
(Entrance off Highpoint Avenue)
Fully wheelchair accessible!
How to contact us.
Tel: 519-884-6600 email: firstname.lastname@example.org